Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Top 50 Children's Movies of All Time

A while back, in class we discussed what we thought to be our top 10 kid’s movies. And since these shows play such a huge role in our lives when we are young, I thought that it would be interesting to take a look at just what the top 50 list of all time holds.
1.
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

2.
Anand (1971)
3.
WALL·E (2008)

4.
Vuk (1981)

5.
Safety Last! (1923)

6.
The Wizard of Oz (1939)

7.
Ivan Vasilevich menyaet professiyu (1973)

8.
The Cameraman (1928)

9.
The Gold Rush (1925)

10.
The Kid (1921)

11.
Ratatouille (2007)

12.
Finding Nemo (2003)

13.
I Remember Mama (1948)

14.
The Lion King (1994)

15.
Toy Story (1995)

16.
The Incredibles (2004)

17.
Coraline (2009)

18.
Chak De! India (2007)

19.
Our Hospitality (1923)

20.
Tonari no Totoro (1988)

21.
Kavkazskaya plennitsa, ili Novye priklyucheniya Shurika (1966)

22.
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

23.
Seven Chances (1925)

24.
Tenkû no shiro Rapyuta (1986)

25.
The Kid Brother (1927)

26.
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

27.
A Christmas Story (1983)

28.
Toy Story 2 (1999)
29.
Monsters, Inc. (2001)

30.
Gake no ue no Ponyo (2008)
31.
Beauty and the Beast (1991)

32.
Shrek (2001)

33.
Brilliantovaya ruka (1968)

34.

Finding Neverland (2004)

35.
Karpuz kabugundan gemiler yapmak (2004)

36.
Steamboat Bill, Jr. (1928)

37.
How Green Was My Valley (1941)
38.
The Circus (1928)
39.
Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)

40.
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)

41.
My Fair Lady (1964)

42.
The Iron Giant (1999)
43.
Majo no takkyûbin (1989)

44.
Fantasia (1940)

45.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
46.
Tri orísky pro Popelku (1973)

47.
The Thief of Bagdad (1940)

48.
The Sound of Music (1965)

49.
Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995)
50.
The Thief of Bagdad (1924)

Though there are many of these movies that I have not had the pleasure of seeing or enjoying(some I think were more popular outside of America), I found that many of these movies were found in my top 10 kid’s films., Such as The Sound of Music, E.T., Shrek, Beauty and the Beast, A Christmas Story, The Wizard of Oz, and many many more! These movies have found their way into millions of children’s hearts, and left them laughing and learning with the character’s that were portrayed. It’s so interesting to see the old compared with the new, to see how movies have changed over the years, and to take a look at what I watched vs. my parents vs. my grandparents! I can’t even begin to imagine how this list is going to change in years to come, what will be added and what will be replaced. It so amazing to look back at all these famous titles, some old some new, but all a part of many people’s lives!

5 comments:

  1. Out of all of these movies I have only seen fourteen of them. I haven't even heard of a large chunk of the titles. I remember the fourteen that I've seen very well and I still like to watch them from time to time. My favorite would have to be the Lion King, although, I don't find myself going back to that one too much because it was soooo sad! These movies really do leave a lasting impression on children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen about half of the movies above. Some of them I have never heard of(mostly the older ones). I think some of the older ones I've seen: The Sound of Music, and The Wizard of Oz, are great movies. They don't make movies like those anymore. I noticed that many of the newer ones are animated. I think that the values shown in animated and non-animated movies may be similar, but I think that the values stick more with the viewer if they see them portrayed by a real actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen all of those movies but there are quite a few familiar ones. It was interesting in class to see that all of us had such similar choices in movies that all children should see.

    I also think it is cool that movies like the Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins (older movies) are still a staple in a child's movie collection. Movies have come a long way since the Sound of Music, but I think all the values are the same and that is why they stand the test of time. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like almost of these (although some I've never heard of and some I can't pronounce). I have two qualms with this list though.
    1)How did Coraline get on the list? I heard it was really scary for little kids (I heard this from several different people).
    2) Why is It's a Wonderful Life being restricted to "Children's Movie"? I think it affects all ages, in fact, the material probably makes a greater impact on adults.

    Other than that, most of these movies are ones that I look fondly upon and remember from my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, man!!... most of them are my favorite.. This is soo kool... Talking about Toy Story, i really loved both its parts..But i was just wondaring, who usually rates them. It is based on the box-office money earned or is it just a vote or rather done by the critics....
    To be honest, i really dont care about that , but i was just curious about it, as i want to rate these movies myself.. There are still few movies of the list which i have not seen!!.. so
    I liked your post though!!

    ReplyDelete